The election process and right to vote are aspects of our government we all hold dear. We are given the ability to elect our peers to represent us in providing direction for the most basic services that we rely upon. We have the power to choose our direction by promoting and electing those who share common values.
We appreciate your interest and encourage your involvement in the municipal election process. The local government level is closest to home and therefore gives you direct influence on your elected officials.
A municipal election is held in odd years with 3 council members running in one year and then the mayor and 2 council members running two years later. The election is non-partisan which means a candidate is not nominated by or representing a political party. Candidates are at-large - elected by all voters in West Bountiful, not just one district or precinct.
West Bountiful contracts with Davis County to administer the elections, and all elections are Vote by Mail, although there will be an opportunity to vote in person at City Hall or any other Davis County vote center on election day.
(Candidates are listed in order based on the Utah Master Ballot Position List as approved by the Lieutenant Governor.)
West Bountiful City Council Candidates:
ALL Davis County Candidates: Notice of Declared Candidates
The Voter Registration deadline is eleven (11) days before each election. All voter registration forms must be received by the County Clerk no later than 5:00pm.
- You may register online at Vote.Utah.gov
- You may register in-person at the County Clerk's office during regular business hours
- You may mail your registration form so that it is received (not postmarked) by the deadline. (Utah Voter Registration Form)
- U.S. Citizen
- Utah Resident for at least 30 days immediately before the election
- At least 18 years old on the day of the election
- At least 17 years old for some primary elections if you will be 18 prior to the General Election
- Reside in the voting district or precinct in which the person applies to register to vote
Questions? Call Davis County Clerk at 801-451-3550